How to install Shweet
- SharePoint 2010 Foundation - with rights to deploy a Farm based solution
- You already have a web application and site collection available
After you have followed the
How to get source and build Shweet
instructions you should have the WSP which will be located in <Dir that Source was extracted to>\trunk\Shweet\src\Shweet.SPSolution\bin\Debug and should have the filename
The Shweet solution is a farm based solution.
Deploying the Shweet WSP ensuring features are active
- Open a command prompt
- cd to the location of filename Shweet.SPSolution.wsp.
- Execute the command stsadm -o addsolution -filename Shweet.SPSolution.wsp (this will upload the solution to the SharePoint
- Open a browser to the central admin
- Click system settings->Manage farm solutions
- Use the UI to deploy the newly uploaded solution.
- Navigate to the root web on the site collection of your choice.
- Goto to the site settings admin page and in the Site collection features section and ensure the feature
Shweet.SPSolution_Site is active.
- Goto to the site settings admin page and in the Site features section and ensure the feature
Shweet.SPSolution Web is active.
Add web part to root page.
- Goto the root web page
- Put the web root page into edit mode.
- Click on the 'Add a Web Part' section and then from the Shweet categories list add the 'Shweet Writer' web part
- Repeat the above step for web parts 'Shweet Reader' and 'TeamsToFollow'
Once you have finished you'll now be able to start using Shweet, for a guide on using Shweet please goto
How to use Shweet